Call for Papers - Closed
We invite proposals on the themes of the conference from academic teaching staff and researchers, educationalists, methodologists and ICT specialists, as well as policy and strategic planners, and others with experience and interest in higher education mediated through a second/foreign language. Proposals may take the form of conference papers, posters, workshops or colloquia.
The official language of the conference is English. Proposals (and contributions) are welcome in other languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian).
We accept contributionts in a form of: Paper, Poster, Workshop and Colloquium.
Themes of the 2015 Conference are:
- Integration: theorizing language issues in a university context; fostering collaborations between language teachers and content specialists; using active learning techniques and strategies at university; using ICT to enhance integration.
- Content: shaping the cognitive demands of academic disciplines; fostering cognitive engagement.
- Language: improving the language proficiency of teaching staff; supporting student language acquisition.
- Assessment: devising learning outcomes; using creative assessment and evaluation tools (self-/peer-assessment); monitoring the quality of ICL teaching and learning.
- Training: training academic staff for ICL; incorporating language acquisition in teacher training.
While priority will be given to research-based contributions on these themes, other contributions are also welcome.
- The abstract word limit is 300 words.
The call for papers is now closed. In case you are still interested on contributing to the conference, please mail your abstract to: veera.lehtinen [at] iclhe.org
We thank all contributors for the significant amount of submissions!
The review-process is now finished, please find the accepted contributions here.